View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #6862 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
sounds good, pint! the trick is do something that is not very intimidating...like running up and down stairs. that can get very annoying after a few days. something that's easy to do routinely in your daily life will net you much more. like riding a bike, kick scooters are cool. i need to get one soon.

damn, sounds like a chemistry lab!

sounds good! which reminds me, i need to go to home depot to pickup a new faucet for the kitchen.. i hate doing plumbing. i should ask the wife to do it.

i read a typical american's arteries (those eating popular american foods) are nearly half clogged by the time they reach age 20-22. this was an article i read back in the mid-90's. by the time they realize they have a serious problem around age 40-45, they have a lot of other health issues related to their eating pattern.

anyway, i seriously cut back on high cholestrol, high sodium, high fat, high sugar products.... and ate smaller portions. it's not that i dont eat the stuff i like, i just eat much less.

Yeah, man. You've got it right. You just can't eat out very often. The design of the food
appeals to the widest taste, which means it contains a lot of fat, sugar, and sodium. Avoid processed foods most of the time and you will be fine. Yes, also eat a smaller portion of the right foods, but eat often -- 5 or 6 times per day -- but again, small portions. The trick is to spread your calories throughout the day. Eating 2 or 3 big meals eventually slows your metabolism and causes your body to enter starvation mode, which causes it to retain as much food as it can in the form of extra weight. If the body doesn't ever feel like it's starving, then it won't feel like it needs to store food as fat. To get rid of the extra weight that you have, you have to burn it through activity. Once you attain your healthy wait, continue your good habits to keep it off.