View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #6848 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Screw y'all, I will enjoy this!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
I think that I started this whole health kick thread. It started by my stating that I completed a 5-mile run this morning. The doctor has been trying to put me on blood pressure medication for the last 2 years because the top number occasionally peaks above 140. However, it mostly happens in the damn doctor's office. Usually, it's in the 130's, but when warmer weather returns, and I'm more active with tennis and running, it returns to normal or better than normal levels. Today, 5 hours after my run, it was 122/75. See? My blood pressure responds to aerobic exercise. The freakin' doctor is trying to push these pills, though. Darnit! I may look young, but I'm near 50 (48). The arteries aren't what they used to be! They used to say that 100 plus your age was fine for the top number because your arteries naturally become less flexible over time. It's called aging. Now, they've lowered the threshold so much that now they are saying 120/80 is too high!! I think that it's a scam to enrich drug companies!. Anyway, that's why I need to run ... so that I can avoid the pills. I got the pills at his request, but I'm not taking them!