View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #6357 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Ken just to go back to some stuff you mentioned like mounting the cam on the car. This is my rig, sort of a dif spin on Steve's setup

Now I use the mic mount off that handle apparatus, which is called the Opteka X-Grip. I bought it for like $15 or something. Great for handheld applications. So this is the mount removed

This is it mounted under the rear fog. The little fastener that holds the bumper down underneath the fog is popped out and the mount is installed there

And finally with the mic attached.

I like and dont like that the mic is battery powered. BUT I wouldnt want it running off of my GoPros power since the cameras battery already doesnt last as long as Id like. I have ran the mic for a total of at least 5 hours now and the batt is still fine. I ordered 2 extra when I got it for only a few bucks.