View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #5393 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Hi guys. Feeling really great right now. I owe it all to the people on this forum. I'm a pretty good mechanic. I was a Jet Mech in the Marines and have done some work on cars. Everything from changing engines (even with different car companies providing the replacement engine) to complete suspension mods. I'm pretty sure I could install either a Stillen or GTM SC. Would need help with the tuning. Now to what has made me soo happy. Ever since coming to the forum I've been doing things outside my comfort zone. Body mods and detailing actually scare me. Drilling into the alum. trunk of a perfectly good sports car isn't something I'm used to. Today I buffed out some areas on the trunk that have bothered me for 2 years. 3 years ago I wouldn't have bought a DA( yes it is a random Kensan) and tried to do it. It was much easier than I expected. Tomorrow I'm doing a 3 step detail of the paint. 1st I'm using a Turtle wax scratch remover, then going to a Maguires Gold wax, and finally an ultimate shine with detail spray and the detail pad of the DA. I'm hoping for a great finish on my car. I'm doing everything short of claying it. The confidence I go into this task is all thanks to the encouragement of the GREAT people here. Thanks again guys(and gals).
I'm so glad we make you uncomfortable!

Nah, I'm glad to hear you're trying things you wouldn't normally do. And look...you wouldn't have ever known how easy a random orbital is to use unless you took the plunge!
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub