View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #5353 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Awesome! We are all dying for pictures!
yah, screw the boobs, we want to see cars and guys....

jk, mr. alchemy. glad to hear you made it okay and having a great time in great weather. sounds like a A++ meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
OK guys off to buff out those marks on the trunk lid. Scary for me as I'm not used to polishers.
hummm... you did get a random orbital polisher, right? not a direct drive? GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Thanks everyone

The job is in my trade and then some, but here's the rub, the pay is a lot less than expected, and the hours are mediocre. The good thing is travel time is next to nothing, and the work, like already mentioned, is in my field of expertise. It's not the end of the world if I decline the offer, I do have something else I can do, it's not in my field, but the pay is , but the commute is 40 min one way ...

This is the problem right now, there is a shortage of qualified skilled trades (especially good ones). Everyone needs one, but aren't willing to pay for the experience. Then they are left scratching their heads when they're losing production because of incompetence, or wondering why they have high turn over.

Bottom line, my experience is worth more than they're paying.
mr. gale- hello! sorry to hear about the pay. is there a timeline when you can get a raise after 'proving' yourself to the company that you are a valuable asset? hope things work out for you. being close to home and little to no travel is a great plus when you have little kids.

i use to travel a lot for business, but since having kids ive cut down about 99%. lol. when my kids are older i might decide to travel more again. at the moment im too busy with picking up the kids, etc since my wife works too. she really doesnt need to work as i can support the family on my own, but she's a very smart girl and likes working, so why not? she hates house chores anyway... (i get to do that )

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
I'm a watch whore, I think we would get along well together. We could drink Diet Pepsi in the garage while working on our vehicles and take turns yelling at the neighbour
hahaha!! im not much of a watch person, but my Orient watch couldn't keep time very well after a fall...so decided to go Seiko this time. so far so good. yah, we can PDR people's cars, install suspension kits, exhaust/intake mods, do dressup aero kits, detailing, etc while we drink dietpepsi, and make some cash... and when we're bored, we can go kick the sob's arse for more yelling. hahaha.