View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #5028 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
JAR- you can use a scanguage or something like my nuvi ecoroute to find out wat your IAT's are via your OBD2 port.

high as in 5K to redline. i dont like making a lot of noise up there, i like the car to sound smooth.
Sweet, I'm pretty sure my buddy has a ScanGauge that I can use. That Nuvi you've got and the mount are definitely sweet though. Excellent on the RPMs - I set the upshift indicator at 4K for my wife and she said is just about perfect. Thank you, sir. I'll rep your post when your rep resets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I don't have the RC2, but I notice the noise depends how much the opening of the throttle, the Typhoon I am using doesn't make too much noise below 4000rpm, not much even above 4500rpm if the throttle is only 50% open
That's good to hear, as I am also wondering how loud it will be at highway speeds on longer trips. We've got plenty of 75 mph and even some 80 mph speed limits in TX, so cruise control at 88 mph (10% rule = BACK TO THE FUTURE!!) in 6th gear runs upwards of 4K. Hopefully, when the throttle is not fully open in cruise it won't be as loud as say 2nd gear @ 4K pedal to the metal.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |