View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #4400 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMoments View Post
You can! I work with a guy who is also an autocross instructor... He encouraged me to take my old Tiburon out. I was a little reluctant (though mainly because I don't like to get up before the sun, and those events always start gawd-awful early), and he told me that people often tell him that "my car can't do that!" But actually they can! Even a beat-up old Nissan Sentra can be pushed. You just have to know the car's limits, and know your own limits as a driver. The best place to find those out is on a track, of course...
I definitely need a driving day on a track! As JARblue suggested, I'll be taking a class at Driveway Austin as soon as possible.

Ok OFC members, enough with financial advice. While appreciated, this has turned into the Days of Tracie's Life. LOL