View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #4387 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Hmm I'll need more opinions on the suspension mods then.

I have the stuff for the visibility fix in the car. Just haven't felt up to messing with it. Been really tired and lots of headaches lately.
ms. pint, I'm with mr. kenchan on this one. I actually lowered my car on Tanabe springs, and then went back to the stock set-up because of scraping issues here in Houston.

I don't know what the roads are like in Austin, but driveways can be treacherous when you are lowered.

In addition, everything - EVERYTHING - you do to your car involves some form of compromise. That compromise is usually out-weighed by the benefit of the mod, however it is a compromise to be dealt with nonetheless.

And now for some totally unsolicited (apologies up front ) advice:

It's very easy to get caught up with the mod bug. It's expensive, but fun. However, as someone who says they are trying to clear-up their debt situation (kudos to you sweetheart - become the 1% ), take a breath and relax. If you love your car as much as you say you do, it will be there for you to lavish whatever mods on it you want.

Get a little financial cushion going before changing a practically new, and perfectly functioning, car. Trust me, if you stay smart with your finances, you'll have plenty of money to do what you want.

Short term sacrifices for long term gains.

And now back to regularly scheduled programming....................................

Apologies for any feelings hurt by the filibuster.

gurney
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim