View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #4381 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
It is not a pain at all. If you are thinking Koni/Swift then once you get the Konis adjusted for your driving style, there is no more maintenance than you would have with an OEM setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Swifts + Konis + Sways would be easy to maintain. The only thing I can think of is periodically checking to make sure the sway bar bushings are properly greased.

On the 5.0 I am running a watts link which uses spherical rod-ends. I have to grease them every 2-4 weeks or so otherwise they squeak. Same with my lower control arms. Oh well... labor of love.

Also, happy to announce I am ahead of schedule with this crap at work. I should have everything done by tomorrow afternoon and can leave for ZDayZ stress free, only to jump back into it on the 22nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, spring, damper, sways are pretty easy to maintain once it's all set up. ive had endlinks fail and some springs sag (TEIN) in the past but swifts are higher-end than TEIN and linear rate so shouldn't be a problem.

i read one post in the suspension section about a leaking koni yellow. might want to follow that to see how the situation is resolved with the warranty replacement etc.

yellows are notorious for having bad lots from time to time. must be a european thing.
Then it sounds like I'm doing it (as soon as I can)! I don't mind having to tweak something every now and then, as long as it isn't too frequent. I did read about the leaking Koni issue, will definitely keep my eyes open for it.

Now if only FBNISSAN will take payments. Thanks for the helpful info again guys, I appreciate it.