View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #4369 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Stock suspension is good dont get me wrong. If you decide to not do springs or dampers I would at least do sways. They will stiffen it up without changing the actual dampening or height properties of the car. Sways are a great bang for buck mod.
that's a good suggestion if you drive in tight corners. for my driving i dont think the car needs sways either.

i always suggest learn the limit of the car where it starts to power drift. i think most people are unsure when the car starts to slide and kick out so they are scared (or nervous) of the sway of the car. they want the obvious YES i am not sliding, YES i am sliding feedback.

one needs to be patient when the car sways and feel the car at its breaking point, imagine the yaw angle in one's head and counter steer a just enough to make the car point in the right direction. once you get the hang of it i dont think the sway will bother you. it does not bother me at all actually.

the reason why i run swaybars on my G is because of the progressive-rate spring prokits. the turn-in response was muffled so wanted the car to turn in the direction i pointed it quicker. with the simultaneous damp adjustment of the d-specs i was able to get a good medium of turn in and bump damping.

with the koni's thats the one thing i dont like. it's rebound control only so you're stuck with the bound they give you. and that is one reason why im not rushing to get them.