View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #4358 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
I just got laughed at at work because I was talking about wanting to purchase the swift + koni deal. Apparently I shouldn't buy it because I don't push my car enough to even warrant it.

Same here. Is it 5 yet?
hey there pint - well, ive been modding cars for a while now and i personally think the Z does NOT need suspension mods for street use, but that's just me. ride height is fine, normal wheel gap is there but it's not gaping. it's normal for sport cars for street, just get the right set of wheels with the right offsets and you're fine. with that said, im not going to go through another hassle of setting up the car just to find out, stock setup is more fluid and better suited for street.

i modded my G's suspension because i hated the wheel gap on the front at stock height and wanted a stiffer/smoother ride than G's stock ride. G's stock ride was on the choppy side, tail happy mid-corner. i fixed all that.

side effect was i had to get numerous alignments to setup the camber and toe angles to my liking ($125 each time, 4~5 times), numerous times to setup the damp setting, swaybar setting, etc.

if you have the time and energy it can be very fun, but im not going to be messing with the Z's suspension other than maybe tightening down the dampers with koni's (made sure i make mr. onzedge proud!) down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Well this guy is notorious for giving his $5 worth of an opinion. Unfortunately, he's the only person I can talk parts with since he's my office mate and he's into motorcycles so he at least knows what I'm talking about. I'm still doing it. I WANT to push the car but I'd rather do it when I know I CAN.
before you push the car, did you fix the visibility issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Good morning Mr.kenchan or should I say Mr.baller! Your OBD-2 set up sounds cool.
hey there, mr.gale! haha, thanks, yah, i hope the obd2 thing turns out the way i want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Boo. Can you get outside for a quick walk? Maybe the fresh air would do you some good? or just getting up of the office for a few minutes?
thanks for the tips. i rested my head by doing less intense work for about an hour and my headache is gone. and i found out i am still missing a piece of the pie from my other team overseas to do the remaining work, so i pushed it out to tomorrow morning. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Yes, it is very sucky and lots frustration, keeping my fingers crossed now hoping they will complete the job properly. Don't know will I want to ask for something from them for compensation, I am not a dealer-person means I don't like have my car service at dealer unless it's warranty stuffs...

Mr.kenchan, I thought you can use the new HU for your OBD-II display and a stand-alone Nuvi to look after your navigation, in that way you can have both GPS AND OBD-II info at the same time

For your droid, I will strongly suggest you get a cracked version of Sygic, the maps and OS are all updated every once a while and they are clean. That will look after the navigation on the G.

dude, you got too much money to spend, always have to think about how to spend them thus gives you headache... Give them all to OFC!!!! Done, no more headache!

Good Morning Z fellows!!!! I hope Everyone have a Great Thursday!!

I am excited about those of you are going to the ZDayz this weekend.. there's not ZDayz in Canada or GTA, the only ZDayz I have in here is Z() - Days, usually that happens everyday at work.... LOL

OFC!!!!
mr.alcheng- yah, hope your dealer gives you atleast a couple free oil changes or mug or jacket or something to make it right.

the way i use my nav in my Z is mostly for finding detours when i run into construction zones or heavy traffic. i just need to see my location and decide for myself how to get out of there. i dont use my Z to drive to the stores or restaurants so POI's, etc dont mean much to me. with that said, as long as i can flip to the nav screen when needed from the guage screen on my nuvi that will work. 90% of the time im not even looking at the nuvi's map screen. i did not wire up the BT modules on either of my 3100 or 4100 (back then those were optional) when i installed 2-3yrs ago so i was thinking of just buying a new 7" with BT built-in next time for the Z.

thanks for the info on the unlocked version of Sygic. will definitely check it out. i like the fact that i can just call up my contacts/store address from my phone and use that as my nav in my G. i dont feel like registering addresses on standalone navs. just a pita imho.

actually i dont have much disposable cash to spend... majority of my money after house things goes to my savings for kids and retirement. and i dont rackup on credit cards so my budget is quite limited... and this shitty economy isn't helping either.