Thread: Spohn's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #594 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Several New Mods From APR Performance and Shine Auto

As some of you may have read I landed another small sponsor from APR Performance. So I ended up with getting there GT3 style mirrors, splitter rods, gurney flap, and risers.

I also went ahead and ordered the rear splats from Shine auto. I really needed something on the back for now. I was wanting to hold out for something else but I dont see anything that's really coming. But I am talking to Forged about a custom rear diffuser.

APR Splitter Rods. Already gave these to Mike to have powder coated. I decided to mount these on the fangs. I feel it fits there best for looks and balance for bracing on my lip for those high speed track runs.

APR Gurney Flap. "The Gurney flap (a.k.a. wickerbill) is an aerodynamic device that was originally pioneered and developed in the 1970s by a racing driver named Dan Gurney. Unbeknownst to his competition, this device was used to increase downforce while minimizing increase in drag. He found that not only did this device increase the lift/drag (L/D) ratios, it also increased the stalling angles (so he could operate the airfoils at greater pitch angles). It took a few years for everyone else to catch on to its purpose, and now, the Gurney flap (or similar device) can be seen in race cars and even airplanes all over the world.""

APR 2.5'' Riser for mounting my APR GTC 200 wing taller. I'm really glad I went with these. They now make my wing even with the roof line getting where it should be for fresh clean air for the best downforce possible. I normally didn't actually feel the downforce come on until about 80mph+, now I feel it coming on at about 65mph. The APR GTC 300 wing is the best functional wing for the 370Z if you want maximum downforce for track use. But I wanted something more conservative looking with the funtion of a wing for track use. I feel the GTC 200 with risers serves this purpose well.

APR GT3 Mirrors. I truley love the looks of these mirrors. I've owned them before on my 350. Small, slick, light weight, (reduced about 4lbs), and functional. These mirrors reduce drag while looking good. They also let you view a lot more. At the smae time might not be for everyone. You can view cars coming and all but not as clear as stock mirrors such as identifying actually make of cars approaching. You just know there there. These are universal mirrors so I had to cut a sheet of CF (from APR also) to mount in place of the stock mirror mount.

Shine Auto Rear Splats