View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #3720 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I still don't actually have one but have been contemplating what to get for the Z. Right now, I'm thinking the AVIC 120BT (it will be a great present for the wife's 30th birthday this summer), but I have not researched plans for the next model or when it will come out.

My friend put the AVIC 110BT in his Jeep SRT8 and found out that he could immediately do a firmware update via USB stick to get all the features of the newest model, which at the time was the 120BT. The only hardware difference is the HD tuner added in the 120BT. When the 130BT came out it was only software upgrades - another firmware upgrade and he was basically running the 130BT minus HD tuner. The forum support for AVICs is very good,and the firmware update is hacked and posted in torrent form by a member of the forum, I believe.

Again, I can't say anything as to the use of it with Android devices.
JAR- thanks for the info! yah, i was looking at the 130bt today along with the 940bt's.