View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxces50 View Post
I agree, this is basic system but appropriate for what I do- very cost effective- the data feedback really surprised me. When on the track feels like your into the gas till the very end (understand the sync issue noted above) but when you can see RPM, throttle, track position etc you realize you got off sooner than you thought. Same with braking starting point- if I can do 60-0 in ~120' I should be able to do 120-60 mph in same 120' so I can feel a little more confident moving deeper into the foot markers lap over lap. On this visit to WG definately felt was slowing too early & had plenty more brake could have gotten into prior to turns but this is what track time is all about- learnig the car and getting a better understanding of its performance and limits (mine too). The other thing that surprised me was consistency of lap time- when not in traffic had 5 laps each session that within ~ second range. The data feedback from this entry level system is very good for a weekend track guy like me and think it will help me improve. Just havin a fun time
I'd have to invest some more energy in researching how to even get the ODBII stuff to work on mine ... I know it can be done using Track Addict, just have to figure it out ... I am clueless when it comes to that stuff.

But I think it would be worth the effort ... like Dwnshft alluded to, more data = better.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote