View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #3680 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
morning, jar! hey any comments on which avic you recommend?
I still don't actually have one but have been contemplating what to get for the Z. Right now, I'm thinking the AVIC 120BT (it will be a great present for the wife's 30th birthday this summer), but I have not researched plans for the next model or when it will come out.

My friend put the AVIC 110BT in his Jeep SRT8 and found out that he could immediately do a firmware update via USB stick to get all the features of the newest model, which at the time was the 120BT. The only hardware difference is the HD tuner added in the 120BT. When the 130BT came out it was only software upgrades - another firmware upgrade and he was basically running the 130BT minus HD tuner. The forum support for AVICs is very good,and the firmware update is hacked and posted in torrent form by a member of the forum, I believe.

Again, I can't say anything as to the use of it with Android devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Once again, nice to meet ya JAR! (Don't be mad but I've totally forgotten your real name) It's been a long day complete with a long drive.
No problem and nice to you meet you as well (don't be mad but I've totally forgotten the name of that guy with you ). Once again, nice exhaust - its sounds beautiful

( Click to show/hide )
It's James

So I didn't make it to Cars & Coffee in Leander today cause I was supposed to go to brunch. However, wife was too hungover, didn't want to go, and so I had the Z to myself for the day

Picked up some things at Lowe's and then went to the grocery store (I love using the Z to transport $180 worth of groceries ) After putting away said groceries, I headed out again, this time to Petsmart and then, after a stop by the office, I ended up at my buddy's place. Right as I'm about to leave, I get roped into helping him reinstall his gas tank into his suburban parked on the black asphalt in 95 degree Texas heat (he replaced the fuel pump and sending unit and the whole tank was sitting on his front porch when I walked up) Remind me never to uninstall my gas tank What a ******* ****** *****!! We finally get it hooked up and don't hear the fuel pump It was a fuse... better safe than sorry though, it was good preventive maintenance to ensure the fuel pump doesn't crap out on a long trip randomly. He had another fuse in his center console and it worked immediately. Oh well, he'll more than make it up to me when I start asking for help with major work on either car.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 05-06-2012 at 04:36 PM.