View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't doubt the complaints we've seen street driving, but I think there's more to this story. I doubt most 370Z owners ever see this problem on the street.

The basic combo of factors seems to be: A right-hander of decent length and tightness, pushing the car pretty hard on grip, and being low-ish on gas, but there could be a fourth factor. Maybe some subset of the cars has some defect that makes it more likely than others? Maybe some baffle comes loose because some cars don't have it attached securely, something of that nature?

I can make mine starve on a CW track run if I let it get down to 3/4 tank or less and push a hard right sweeper, but on the street it's rare I can replicate that scenario, and my "normal" driving on the street never triggers it even down at 1/4 tank.