View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #3503 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
hey Ms.Pintsize725, I don't do my oil change but by looking at the dip stick, I'll suggest you drain some when you got home, but you know to let the Z sit for 2 hours first..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
pintsize- check the oil in the morning BEFORE starting the car.

pull up dipstick. wipe off tip with clean paper towel. dip the stick into the engine (dipstick tube) and count to 5. then pull out just enough so you can see the LOW and HIGH indicators, no need to pull all the way out. it should be near the HIGH indicator but not over.

if you put too much oil in, you can use either an extractor to suction oil out of the dipstick tube, or the messy way is to loosen the oil filter (dont pull it out) and let the oil drip out from the bottom. do not try to let oil out from the plug unless you have a fumoto valve where you can stop mid stream. like taking a pee, once you let go, it's hard to stop. haha
Thanks guys for the answers and not giving me a hard time. If the reading is the same in the morning, I'll probably just ask the techs to handle it when I take it in for the install.