Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
MacLean
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 GM Nismo # 0445
MacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Welcome! You will take a hit on the Max to get the Z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zFTW View Post
Thanks! Not really get what you are saying lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
you will lose money on your maxima to get into a Z if you trade.
+1.....

What he is saying is that the dealership will not give you full value of what the Max actually is worth b/c they would need to make money off of the Max for themselves. You still owe 27k on the Max & let's say that the Max is actually worth 28k. The dealership might give you 22k maybe 24k, so you are down 3-5k that would be rolled over into your new car if decided to actually get the Z. This would not be wise or a smart move on your behalf. The goal is to break even or come out ahead, but not be negative & jump into another vehicle. That is just crazy & stupid.

As others have stated & including myself enjoy the effen Max. You can still do a lot to it to make it look cleaner & sexier than before. I would join a Toyota forum for Max's & see what others have done with their Max's. I would love to have either a brand new GT-R, M3, or a Cayman R. I do not want to buy a car that the monthly car payment is an effen mortgage payment..... NOT PRACTICAL. So I am enjoying what I have & I really do like it (my Nismo).
MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote