Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
370zFTW
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370z
370zFTW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepali View Post
Think of it this way. Say you had no car to trade in and you were just buying a brand new Z. Your total cost would be $42k, correct? So, now, you already have $27k loan. Dealer agreed to give you $22k. You pay $22k on your existing loan leaving you with $5k. Now, add $5k to $42k, and you have $47k. Does that help? What you are doing is forgetting your existing loan.
Ahh okay, now I get it. Thanks! Guess it would be better to sell my Maxima privately and then get a 2009 Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Wrong!!

That 22k you MAY get would go towards paying off your 27k you owe currently. Leaving you -5k going into the Z which will put you at 47k total for the Z. Not a good idea to be 20 or 25 for that matter 50k in debt
Ah that makes sense. Thanks guys for answering my questions! Guess its time to sell my Maxima and pay off the loan! My parents may take the Maxima off my hands and I'll be trading my civic for a Z to give me a fresh start hopefully.

Since I owe $27K I could sell it for little bit more to make little profit? or Do I have to sell it what I owe on my loan?
370zFTW is offline   Reply With Quote