View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #2742 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, this is a common problem with G's too. seems like nissan can't get this fixed. modshack recommended to keep the gas near full while parked for longer than a week so that the fuel keeps lubricating the sensors. ive been filling my Z as soon as she gets to 1/2 full, so far near 3yrs no problems.

my G's been having this issue off and on. it's not all the time but some times she literally can only fill up to about 90% due to the angle of the pump nozzle. some times she is full, but the sendor shows she's only 90% full and so on. i just reset my trip meter after each fillup and use that as my backup guage.

Mine registered just fine before it went into storage. I filled the tank to the brim and out the cover on it until spring. Both times I filled it up after storage, the fuel gauge gave me problems, not registering full. So I'm not sure if keeping a full tank is going to help at all, but doesn't hurt. Good tip using the trip meter. I do the same thing.