View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Vbp6US
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370z MB 6MT
Vbp6US is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
i have no idea. i have ichiba, and its not like they are gods gift to quality. stripped two of the bolts when i got close to 90 ft lbs. sure thats user error, but they are SOOOOOOOOO easy to strip because of how soft the metal is on the bolt on type.

but at the end of the day they do the job
Really? So the Ichibas are kinda cheap too? I wonder if going with H&R is the way to go? Or is brand a good standard to measure against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Here is a little 101 thread about spacers.

Wheel Spacers 101

You don't HAVE TO But most install them for simply making the wheels more flush

And to help in the wider stance to improve handling that will only be noticed if you actually push the car once in a while.
Thank you for the links Triple's. I have read that thread already and my question isn't so much about the use of spacers, rather, the quality differences if I go with a cheap no-name brand ebay product versus Ichiba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i stay away from no-brand ones as there is no way to tell what kind of materials they used (sure they say watever they want, but how pure is it?), how was it treated to get to the strength expected?

what tests were conducted to validate them to be at oem standards, etc... i rather just spend a little extra for higher quality. i run kics, h&r, eibach. ichiba's have been okay for me but their craftsmanship is kinda crap.
I think you're onto something. They may claim the same materials were used but that doesn't translate into quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
I'd go with H&R. I go with quality, you pay what you get for.
H&R appear to be the most expensive. Any reason other than it's "German"?

Go Lakers btw.
Vbp6US is offline   Reply With Quote