View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Gabriel77
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z T/S 7AT P-G
Gabriel77 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. And I'm definitely not trying to start a 6MT vs 7AT debate. Two things happened when I shopped for my Z. First, I let a woman get involved in the decision and it clouded my judgement. Second, I thought the traffic during my commute would cause a brutal drive on the days I drove this car.

The 7AT is easily the best AT I've ever driven. It's smooth and in manual mode, the paddles are immediately responsive. It's not about speed either. There's plenty of speed with the 7AT. It's more about how much fun I have driving. I just enjoy driving a car with manual transmission so it really comes down to preference, not that one is "better" than the other.

If there's someone out there who might be interested in a swap or picking up a very lightly used 370Z, send me a PM. Platinum Graphite, Sport package, Touring, NO Nav with less than 3000 miles on it. If it works out, great. If not, it's not the worst thing in the world and I'll get over it. Lesson learned though, I'll get a MT next time.
Gabriel77 is offline   Reply With Quote