View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #2292 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Was thinking 12" resonated but honestly not sure of the difference between 18" and 12". Care to help?

For those interested in my seating arrangement in the Z:

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
Yeah, Zman pretty much nailed it. 12" is going to be louder than the 18". Non-resonated even louder still. 12" and non-resonated will also have drone while at cruising speed. My biggest concern was going with something that would be loud if I put my foot in it, while being quiet at speed.

Tony definitely made a good point when he said that it's easier (and cheaper) to make an exhaust louder if that's your desire. Making it quieter though is more costly.
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub