View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

OK.... Here are my thoughts. I went from my MT 240sx Silvia conversion to an AT car for a while. The AT was a good AT tranny with the manual shift mode. I LOVED that car and it was fun (for what it was).

I was sold on the 7AT as soon as I heard it was being released. However, I keep having flashbacks to my oh so cool S13 and I realized that if I looked at the short term benefits of the 7AT and purchased it, I would GREATLY regret it months down the road. I will take one more test drive in the 7AT before making my final decision, but I am sure I am going with the MT. While the AT I had was fun, and I agree the 7AT Z was fun, the MT still seems to be the way to go.

Granted, I do not have to go into the office every day (2-3 days a week); other than that my driving is all for my fun, to local client calls, or to the airport. I just think the MTs are more fun.

SO - As stated before, you will get owned big time on a trade in right now. If you really want to go MT (and I can understand your logic there), your best bet will be to do a private sale and start over from square one; even that may have downsides.

Carpe Diem!!
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote