View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Got the car back the other day. Murphy's Law kicked in the morning the car was going into the dealer. No 25mph when started and no 50mph sticking when driving there. Dealer could not replicate it and did all of their testing and could not find any broken circuits, logs of spikes etc.... Good thing I had these photos and sent it to them the day I made the appointment as they had to call Nissan Tech Support Line and emailed the photos.

So the car was OFF it's manufactured warranty at 36k miles (2009 model) it was 900 miles over the warranty expiration. Good thing I have the 100k extended warranty.

Nissan tech Support Line could not offer the dealer any more solutions or tests to run and they could of should have just said to me TOO BAD SO SAD take your car back and return when it happens again....but with the photos they said replace the entire speedometer cluster and have it sent to N.Y. calibration center to reprogram my mileage on the new speedo.

Got the car back and everything looks and works perfectly. The moral of the story is if it happens to you then it will most likely be an entire speedo cluster replacement. I did ask if a spike in the battery current could have caused the issue, they said no way, there are too many protection circuits between the battery and speedo to blow out the unit.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote