View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #903 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigby64 View Post
Kenchan: Okay. I See. If your customer uses doc, then I guess that you're stuck.

Nevertheless, I'm curious about the type of documents that these are. Sometimes, customers think that they need Word when they don't ... but path of least resistance, and all. I understand.
hi bbigby- yah, i think im the one gating the format choices cause im using freeware for this freelance work, but they dont care about that. they pay me for content.

kinda like in the music industry where one can hum a tune into a smart phone, send the mp3 via email to the producers, and the producers make an entire ensemble out of it. the equipment doesn't matter for the initial humming.

i could use my notebook with Word to do these projects, but i prefer my MBP's nice screen..atleast for these projects i dont want to deal with pc's/windows. and so far ive spent nothing since i already had the MBP and Libre is free. can't beat that.