View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #898 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
A friend of mine suffers from a range of maladies. Included in these are dyslexia and insomnia. Plus, he is an agnostic.

Poor guy -- he lies awake at night doubting the existence of his dog.
hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigby64 View Post
I'm not into music production, but software is available for Linux, but I am not familiar with the maturity of each option. If you're comfortable with a Mac, I'm confident that you're fine. However, if you're curious, and adventuresome, check out some music-production-specific Ubuntu-based Linux distributions -- for example, Ubuntu Studio. See Home | Ubuntu Studio. Try it on decent hardware.

Why do you need to use doc when you send out your projects? Does someone else need to edit them? If not, generate PDF, and send that. I don't know of any other solution other than running MS Win and Word in a virtual machine.
ahh, i will check that out linux software next time on the machine.

yep, i get drafts in doc format, i proof them, and send back in doc format to be published by my customer. otherwise yes, i would use pdf instead.