View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Ok ...the skinny on the Z...yesterday morning at startup = no problem. During the drive to dealer by brother- Hal = no problem. Good thing I emailed the dealer my photos. So they ran all electrical diagnostics and performed some extra checks at my suggestion = no problem or record of problem found, other than during their test drive in the torrential rain down pour, they threw a CEL for water on the air filters. CAI - Injen. Cleared the code and let it sit. They called Nissan Tech Support Line and.................all I got from the dealer as to the root of the issue....was Nissan did not know.....but based on the info the dealer supplied Nissan (including my photos)....Nissan said REPLACE THE CLUSTER UNIT. .....Yeh..woot...woot. None of this temp fix and it reoccuring in two months. So as I stated above, Nissan Corp will send the new cluster unit to the calibration vendor in N.Y. that is contracted with Nissan Corp to program in my current mileage. The car is down until next Weds...I have as a rental - Versa at no charge - except the gas I use. I am hoping Nissan Corp has a typo on the mileage they email to the vendor and drops a zero from 36,900 to 3,690 miles.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote