Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #475 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
I didn't have any issues with the dust shield. But you and I run totally different rotor setups. I didn't see a point in the shims either so I tossed them.
Well, my issue wasn't rotor related. Now I wish I took pics . But I'm referring to the curled up "edges" on the back (away from the rotor) side of the metal outcropping that holds the flange, hitting the fixed (relative to it) suspension member behind it.

Quote:
The ducting wasn't bad. I ran it at full lock then tucked it in with the ties. I ended up cutting the slack out at the front flanges insted so I could manipulate the hoses in the wheel well until all was complete. But here again I run a 19x9.5 on 265 tire. But stil have lots of clearence.
Yeah I did my cutting at the front as well, way easier. Did you route as their pics show (i.e. the final tie on the lower suspension around way out to the back)? That was what caused the most problems for me. There didn't seem to be any way to tie down out there and have both enough slack for the stretch direction, and not have it crumple up right into the side of the tire in the opposite lock direction. Your tires aren't that much skinnier than mine, either. Did you check the "short" steering direction not rubbing?

Quote:
I flirted with the idea of making a cut in the fender well but decided against. Good thing I could always still do it. It is a tight fit the way Stillen does it but it will be fine being they did all the testing in this location and got the claimed results.
Yeah I don't get this at all. On the passenger side, I could've done a tight fit with just Stillen's recommendation (removing that small plastic square) and doing some extra bends. But on the driver's side, even when you remove the little plastic square in the wheel well, that only solves half the problem. There was no other hole on the other side (more towards the bumper) to reach that area in the first place, without cutting the vertical plastic piece that has the little built in round hole in it. Did you just force the hose to work with that hole? Seemed small for it to me, but it was moot since I have cooler lines running through there already, and both certainly can't fit.