View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #6539 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
So, I have to own up to something.

I lied in an earlier post when I stated that I was done modding. I totally forgot about the purchase I made from Z1 last November during their Black Friday sale. In a box in my garage, that is prominently marked with the Z1 logo, resides the upper and lower radiator hoses as well as two overflow hoses -- in the far-out, groovy red silicone. I will get around to installing these in a couple of weeks (240z work is on my plate this weekend).

I have a question for you, Mr. ZMan8 -- are you performing a radiator flush at the same time as you replace the hoses? I am curious. I am going to replace the coolant when I do mine.
Actually I passed up on the radiator hose for now. That one is the largest hose and also most visible. First I want to see what it will look like after I add the others. Then if I need more red to match the color scheme we have going on I will get the radiator hose as well.

On the topic of flushing the radiator it's not necessary you can just drain the fluid when you do the lower hose and refill after your done. Unless you have a lot of miles then yeah go ahead and get it flushed while your at it.