Thread: Silvia S16
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
zigzagz94
Base Member

Drives: Supercharged Eclipse
zigzagz94 is on a distinguished road

http://autonews.ultimatecarforum.com...21/nissan-s16/

I take any news of a Silvia/RX-7/Supra replacement coming soon with a huge grain of salt but this one peaked my interest.

The article claims the teaser image/photoshop was leaked at the Nissan GT 2012 meeting. I think I remember that an early glimpse of the restyled 370Z was also leaked at one of those meetings a couple years back. I'm not saying that validates this story, but it makes me wonder. Carlos Goshn has said the Silvia project was dead but from what I've been told/researched the project was pretty far along. Maybe the success of the GC and the impending threat of the Toyobaru coupe have made Nissan re-think the Silvia revival to compete in the cheap RWD coupe market.

I highly doubt the articles claimed 2010 release date though. It was originally rumored that Nissan wanted to beat Toyota to the market by about a year which would fit this time line but all of that was before the Goshn comments about the car being cancelled.

Maybe Goshn was pulling some type of automotive jiu-jitsu on Toyota/Subaru claiming the Silvia was dead nothing to see here, and then bam surprise buttseks reveal at this year's Tokyo motor show. It would be a pimp move as right now all of the hype is over Toyota's concepts (LF-A/L, Toyobaru).

Last edited by zigzagz94; 08-22-2009 at 07:38 PM.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote