View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
Okay, I timed your runs myself. I can see the needle on gauge and I also know that immediately after shifting into 3rd a 7AT hits 60. I started the stopwatch numerous times the moment you launch the car and shortly after you shifted into 3rd. The result is consistently 5.2 to 5.3 seconds. A .6 disparity between your Racelogic and simply timing the tach and listening to the motor is unusual. I'd say the Racelogic isn't configured well or just not working right, imo.

My method may not be technological, but it seems more consistent.

As far as what you'll gain from mods. K&N filters won't gain you crap. They're just filters. An exhaust you'll feel, but no one can tell you what it'll do to these times - most people measure changes in dynos and 1/4 trackers. But the most important piece of the mod puzzle is the stock cats and an ECU tune which you'll feel the most.
I wouldn't say that filters don't do anything - lots of people have had a few horsepower gains with drop ins. Coupled with silicone post MAF tubes, they're just a few horsepower shy of an aftermarket CAI.
Alstann is offline   Reply With Quote