View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
Joe@ZSpeed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan
Joe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
can we hear what R&D actually went into this part? did you drive with it on at least? how about any impacts? when plastic rips off the bottom of your car it dosnt do much damage. but if this part failed aluminum can get dangerous at high speeds.

im not saying its a bad product, just need to justify the price.

also how much more does it weigh than the factory plastic piece? meaning are the black plastic clips enough to hold up the addition weight?
There are over 20 bolts holding this on the car, It ties into many different areas, It is not held on with just 3 clips. Nothing dangerous about it, Not like it's 1/4" plate aluminum.

Some specs on the aluminum we use
Tensile strength 33,000 PSI
Shear strength 20,000 PSI
Thermal Conductivity 960 BTU-in/hr
Elongation at break 18%

There is about a 4lb difference between stock and the ZSpeed pieces.

We have a local person with a prototype piece, he added the Nismo bumper to his base model and found that the stock plastic pan was over $1,400.00 so we hooked him up with ours. It has been on for quite awhile now with no issues.

Another member on here with a factory Nismo we wanted to use for test fitting to make sure it fit the same has had it for the last few weeks and had it installed down at Z1 motorsports. I'm sure he will chime in if he reads this.

I have had our original 370Z piece on my car for months, we have had them on 350Z's/G35's/300zx's for years now tested on the track at very high speeds and have saved more than one oil pan and likely engine in the process from track debris.

If you ram a curb with it obviously you will probably damage it but it is for Aero, not a battering ram.
If it gets damaged, you should fix it before it comes off.

We've used what we have learned on other shields to make this the best we could, Could we have done it cheaper? Probably, but I don't cut corners or use cheap materials to save a few bucks.

Hopefully this will help answer some of your questions.
Joe@ZSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote