View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #6265 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Mr.kenchan, there are couple other choices besides CX-5, I am a bit hesitate on it because personally I am not a fan of Mazda, also the SkyActiv is a new technology they newly put it on their fleet, I usually don't want to be the first batch try the new tech and round up facing some issues....

Also, looking at the 13:1 compression ratio..... I know it is not a sports car engine.... mmmm........

Have you looked at Matrix, the price and engine specs falls into your criteria pretty good, it has MT and also more torque than the CX-5, lower ride height than the CX-5 thus I believe more fun to drive.

Wait!!! Did I hear 'my next hobby car'??
yah, mazda is like a japanese hyundai to me so im not a huge fan either...but they do make sort of fun to drive cars (i had a brand new Protege5 a long time ago for 6months before i sold it for a MINI ). and you're right about getting the fresh technologies and the first year bugs.

toyota is like a japanese buick (or olds... remember those? lol) to me so i dont like them at all. hahahahaha. i hate the US toyota lineup.

so this leaves me with only a few choices for MT's and hatch. i dont want to get another Fit. my other choices would be a Golf/Cooper.

yep, im not selling my Z any time soon, but i save up for my cars in the background. i expect to keep my Z for at least 8-10yrs like how ive been keeping my G. my G still looks brand new.