View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #6264 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hi mr.alcheng- im looking for a hatch with 6MT that can atleast haul some stuff i buy at home depot and wheels/tires, and a car that i wouldnt worry at all parking at the airport or shopping center.

it has to be a fun to drive car yet fairly boring so it hides in the background. i had a Fit 5MT and while it was fun to drive the seating position and pedal location (too close) was terrible for me and too damn slow... so got rid of it last year just as soon as my smaller kid could get in/out of my G on his own.

max budget: $22K MSRP. i dont want to spend too much on this car as i want to save up for my next hobby car.
Mr.kenchan, there are couple other choices besides CX-5, I am a bit hesitate on it because personally I am not a fan of Mazda, also the SkyActiv is a new technology they newly put it on their fleet, I usually don't want to be the first batch try the new tech and round up facing some issues....

Also, looking at the 13:1 compression ratio..... I know it is not a sports car engine.... mmmm........

Have you looked at Matrix, the price and engine specs falls into your criteria pretty good, it has MT and also more torque than the CX-5, lower ride height than the CX-5 thus I believe more fun to drive.

Wait!!! Did I hear 'my next hobby car'??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Well, I must say that my new trans dont feel too great. Its very hard to get into 5th & 6th. It seems like the neutral gate slightly extends past the gates for 5th & 6th so it jams. I hope I explained that so its understandable. Why would this be!?!?!?! And if the trans is defective why didnt the tech notice. Aaarrrgggg, frustrating!
Mr.Alchemy, maybe because it's a brand new transmission and needs some time to break-in?? I will suggest you report the issue to the dealership first and meanwhile drive it for a week and see if the problem will go away.

Last edited by alcheng; 04-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.