View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
The people on Craigslist generally do the simple fix which costs about $5 perform, which I already did. Its easy to do.

MY problem unfortunately, is quite a bit more expensive more than likely.
Did you bake it yet? Typically with Xbox the solder like to come loose and the heat sinks on the south bridge are garbage. Rip it apart and throw the motherboard in the oven at around 350~F. That is enough to remelt the solder and fix most south bridge connection issues. If you don't like that just take off all heat sinks and turn it on. It will thermal shutdown after 10-15min and will have the same effect. I prefer the latter because I also like to redo the factory TIM because no manufacturer can apply TIM correctly...my temps dropped about 10~C after a fresh application..
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote