View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #593 (permalink)
Dallaz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09MontereyBlu370z6MT
Dallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
That thunderstorm shot with the streaking taillights is something you should do your HDR stuff on!
What kind of lens did you use for the shot of the Camaro by itself? There's a bit of a curve/distortion that makes it even more interesting. The sky is awesome!
Like the low-angle shot of the 350 a lot! If I was going to be nit-picky, I would soften or remove the spot reflection on the front bumper - I find it really distracting... my eye goes right to it! And remove the lightpole coming out of the roof of the 350 taillight shot, too.
More Otis!
Thanks. HDR's never turn out good for me if there's not much light to begin with cause your trying to merge a wide spectrum of light into one shot and at night its just all dark instead contrasty like a bright sky and then dark shadow areas.

The lens for those 4 car shots I used the Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR I think it was a 30 second exposure and I walked around the car using my speed light a few times but shooting a black car at night even with flash is a little tricky...... At least for me.

It was totally dark out, between 10:30-11pm when I took these. I shot in RAW, added some warmth, and was able to really pull out a lot of color in the sky, when in the original picture it only showed hints of blue but was mainly a grey sky.

Yeah on that 350 shot I already removed a lot of reflections on the door and new those on the front panel and bumper would just be taking more time to remove so I decided to move on to the others and forgot to try and get those out of there afterwards.

Yeah I might do a different edit of that 350z rear shot. We'll see.

That's one of the few good shots of Otis that I've taken with my DSLR. Mainly iPhone photos.

Appreciate the feedback

Dallaz is offline   Reply With Quote