View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #78 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I think most of the guys on here does share. You just have to find the right posts and read it as some people aren't going to post the same thing for every newbie. Of course how many are truly competitive or even competing in general? If you flip through the national results or even the local results, maybe <20 cars?!? Anyway until one of the guys (one of the more competitive one is here)can drag a victory for the 370, it will continue to be the car that looks great on paper and never can put it together. Think of it as a 1st overall pick that never materialize. Just be patient, once the price of the car comes down, you will see more people driving it. Just look at the S2000

One of my favorite car was my FC RX-7. Back when gas was $1.50 a gallon, it got me through college and 40K miles per year with no issues. I tried hard to love the RX-8, I bought two of them. I tried really hard to love it, but just couldn't do it. When Mini Cooper started passing me on the straights, I said F this and traded it for the 370. I had a guy that was undressing me in a slightly modded RX-8 to my stock one. Yet when he got behind the 370, he never even had a chance to come close to my bumper. The difference in power was too much to make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemancan View Post
This is my point exactly...Those who are "competitive" should share there knowledge since they more or less know MORE what actually works for the Z. I mentioned vendors since I haven't seen much info consolidated in one thread.

I hear ya Mine does run much faster than a stock Rx8 though. I've surprised the crap out of some higher horse power cars but power is power and the Rx8 was lacking.

Funny there is more discussion regarding forced induction on the 370Z then handling...On the Rx8 forums its the reverse. I think they are confused...LMAO!!

Last edited by cossie1600; 03-29-2012 at 12:18 AM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote