View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #72 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
man im keeping my Z forever lol. im 100% satisfied. im not a modder or a racer, so i guess im less tempted when it comes to stuff like this. i will agree with one member who said they believe it could be going in the direction of better fuel economy, power gains or not. i read this in a few places about next generation sports cars, not just from nissan but automakers worldwide. more hybrids, etc. im sure like its being said that turbos will indeed gain hp in addition to helping with mph or whatever, but with the way things are going, automakers may be prioritizing fuel efficiency over pushing the platform for power? either way im always exited to see a new generation of the Z. turbo, n/a, whatever. just not whipping out the check book like matt dillan with a six shooter and chasing greener grass at this point lol. just totally stoked about the one i have i guess.

The whole fuel econ issue is a hoax to begin with. For ages there has been the technology to make 500hp cars run with 40-50mpg's. But why do it since there's so much money to be made under the current conditions. It helps automakers keep reselling cars, it makes oil companies richer and our govt getting fueled with taxes from purchases.
But Let's Pretend Corporations aren't greedy and they are really struggling to provide more fuel efficient cars????

Porsche has been able to keep there H.O. I6, 911 cars in the 430+hp range and stay in the 23-25mpg combined range over the last 7 years or so. It just proves performance doesn't have to be sacrificed for fuel econ.

Right now I get 17 mpg's pushing my car and 22mpg's driving normal. A car of this power level should easily be able to achieve 26mpg's driven easy and 22mpg's pushed hard. I can attest to having driven plenty a camaro 2SS (my favorite rental car) that I can get 18-22mpg's from a 6.0 camaro whether driving hard or mild.
There's a 68hp deficit and 130lbs of torque deficit on the Z. Also the Z weighs 600lbs less. And pushes 2.5 less litres from its engine. Mpgs can be much better without the sacrifice of 1 hp. A matter of fact, from where I can observe. It seems like the Z should be getting a combined mpg of 27mpg's on 30 extra horses. I know it can be done without turbocharging. And going the turbo route should allow for 30mpg's easily.

I'm still stumped why so many hybrids are in the 30's and 40's mpg range. They should easily be pushing 60-70's mpg range.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote