View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #579 (permalink)
Dallaz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09MontereyBlu370z6MT
Dallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to behold

I've been making these collages in Pixelmator, they're pretty fun to make.
Do you guys like them? give me some input

The Z

The Camaro (nothing against ford lol, we've owned one. The plate is just for laughs.

The 3000

Probably between 10 and 20 layers for each one. I made the background layer by filling the background with either Black or Grey, then applied a noise filter, then a motion blur filter to make it look like lines instead of dots, then duplicated the line layer and rotated one 90 degrees and placed it behind the original, changed the blending mode to multiply, then added a colored gradient on top with the appropriate color to somewhat go with each vehicle and changed their blending modes to overlay. some of the colors looked too dark so I added a seperate layer on top of them and filled it with white, and changed the blending mode to overlay to brighten the color.

Then I imported each photo into Pixelmator's layer's bracket, resized and rotated/positioned them where I wanted, deciding which to place on top of the other as I went and at what angle. Once that was finished, I went and added a border to each layer using an edge fill, then when done I duplicated the final picture and filled the background layer with black and moved it a few pixels down and either to the left or right for a shadow. but it had hard edges so I used a Gaussian blur filter on that layer to make it look more like a true shadow.

Once finished adding borders and shadows to all the layers, I merged them all together and saved the Photo.

Dallaz is offline   Reply With Quote