Thread: STI or 370Z
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I would wait until much closer to your 8-10 months. Reason being is that the new WRX/STI redesign is already slotted for 2014 which means that come mid next year they will be on dealer lots. We should start seeing information on the new WRX/STI in the next 4-6mo. Basically, after the new BRZ/FR-S has already died down in hype. It's been known for a while now that the next gen WRX/STI will be completely separate from the Impreza line up. Said to be smaller and lighter while still retaining around 300hp.

Also the next gen Z isn't going to be too far behind either. Considering we are on our 5th year already it's plausible that we will see a new Z in the next 1-2 years.

That being said, between the current Nismo and STI, it's a hard choice. Both are awesome cars. The STI has far more mod potential but out of the box the Z is a better and faster car. Interior quality goes to the Z for sure. Reliability is about equal I'd say. Looks is subjective. Handling goes to the Z but for a novice the STI will be easier to approach the limits.

I love both. Currently have a Nismo but when I was shopping I did look at the 2011 sedan STI. I've been a Z lover and owner for 13 years. Owned a 06 WRX for a couple years and fell in love with Subys too. The deciding factor back when I was shopping was that in typical Suby fashion the dealer wouldn't even let me sit in the car, let alone drive one before buying it. Considering there is only one Suby dealer in all of Vegas I had no other option other than driving 300+ miles out of state. Wasn't about to do that. Having already had a 2009 touring sport 370z (totaled) I figured I would just get the Nismo and be done with it. I don't think you can go wrong with either one but they are two totally different cars in both design and feel.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote