View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #5309 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Thanks!

Me too. Since I got the Nismo rims, I've never been happy with the rear look; the front is really exaggerated in the pictures. In person, the front really looks good to me. I like part of the tire shoulder (1/3) sticking out from under the fender.

I'm going to keep my eye on it and may just put the 10mm on the front and go to 5mm in the rear. 5mm is so small, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble; i.e. either go 10mm or go 0. I've got a few weeks to decide.

5mm does make a difference. it's subtle but the closer you get the tire sidewall to the fender the bigger difference you will see even with small increment changes. i would make sure that your spacer has a hubcentric lip though. im not sure if there are any 5mm that have the lip. you many need to use 10mm resulting in ET14. which is still

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
10mm seems a safer choice...
yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Mr.kenchan, I am on the same boat with you at this one, although I just pick up the DW 2 days ago, like it very much so far, but I've been thinking about getting a set of SuperSport after the DW.
yah, i like the DW's too. no real complaints. ive gotten use to the softer sidewall response and it's not bad.

since my G is modded and runs S04's with pretty stiff sidewalls the contrast is noticable. that's all. too bad bridgestone tires are so frikken heavy though. atleast 4-5lbs difference per corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911sc View Post
I wish I was.. But I'm not
(Being responsible and saving refund check)
we've not done tax return yet.