Thread: TricPlate?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
I am pretty sure that I heard if you are caught with a device meant to hide your plate, it is a pretty major offense... just going from memory though.
In Cali your not allowed to put anything over your plate. I installed a plate frame with a plastic cover over it to make it easier to clean and was pulled over with all my work associates in the car and ticketed. Never heard the last of it..... :-(

At the time it was just a fix it ticket. Now, I believe there is a heavy fine comes with the ticket. This is because of speedcams and radar. I also hear that they are giving a lot more tickets for front plate missing this year from my friends that are officers because of the automated ticketing systems and their bosses getting after them for those cars that do not have them. I'll take my fine on the vette and the bird. However, the Z doesn't look too bad with a plate on so I have one on there now. Plus, it is my daily driver deep into Popoland at least three days a week.

The plate is just tacked on the there with black cable ties that I can cut for car shows and such...

Last edited by Mecinoid; 03-22-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote