View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #166 (permalink)
MaDMaXX
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350z
MaDMaXX will become famous soon enoughMaDMaXX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb@SZ View Post
... Ignition timing changes on the VHR engines are different especially when it comes to NA tuning. Timing tweaks on the NAs do not make any noticeable differences...

...Jason wanted to tune at the end to better his AFRs and extract any more power available from his current modifications. Which I told you we were going to do at the end. I datalogged on that first run of tuning...

...Nothing more could have been to showcase the results nor any changes in the tuning...

Thank you Tripple's.

So i wasn't going crazy, i did read those posts

I've highlighted the areas that i think are pertinent here. To me, i personally think that what then happened at CAT, means timing tweaks *ARE* possible and *DID* make a noticeable difference.

Now i'm sorry to say this, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that, once the gains from CAT tuning the spark advance/timing were seen, it would not have been in SZ's interests to then show the loss again on their tune without the spark advance.

I also noticed that the optimal AF ratio was mentioned, but i can see that the comparison AF ration charts from CAT showed a large improvement in the AF.

Last edited by MaDMaXX; 03-20-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
MaDMaXX is offline   Reply With Quote