View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
wind.zero
Enthusiast Member

Drives: NISMOSIS
wind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck....

I have an ongoing paint saga involving Pearl White QAB. The entire NISMO kit on my car was defective from Nissan, so I have been dealing with a few dealers and Nissan USA on the repair. I am not still not happy. I have had the car less than a year and it has been in the body shop 4 different times totaling over 2 months in the body shop.

On the first dealer repair under warranty, the color match was not even close. I think a 10 year old could have matched the color better with rattle cans from wally world.

On the second dealer repair under warranty (different dealer) they had a very hard time matching it when testing for a color match. So they contacted PPG directly for a fix and this is what they were told to do from PPG:

They used the base from 2010 QAB and used the pearl from 2011 QAB. I was told there was a formula change on QAB from 2010 to 2011. I have no idea if this is accurate, but it matched my car better than all the the stages of the 2011 QAB formula.

That is the combination that matched the best for me. No, it is not 100%, but it was almost as good as the OEM match which still was not perfect.

Too many variables with plastic, metal, and environmental factors during the process to get it perfect IMO.
wind.zero is offline   Reply With Quote