View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
Don't buy the Tru-cool kit listed above... people have had issues with them because they aren't finned the same way as a Setrab...

I personally have a Setrab 25 row and it honestly cools too much for NJ (it is a bit thicker since it is a series 9) but I need to make a blockoff plate or downgrade to a 19 row. Also the standard Setrab brackets will mount up with preexisting holes on the Z's radiator brackets... no need for custom ones.

You can peice together your own kit or go with Z1/GTM... those are the best options...

If I was to rebuild a kit I would go...

19row Setrab
Setrab bracket
Hydrolic oil lines (clamp on fittings instead of the socketless ones)
180d thermostatic plate
So uh, what problems are people having with the trucool? I've never met anyone that had a problem, which is why I am asking. Room mate actually has the kit I linked on his 500whp mustang GT and other room mate has it on his 450whp S2000. They've have them for a while with no issues.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote