View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #4572 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from picking-up the Z. Big THANKS to the guys at Baker Tuning for taking care of me.

The swap out of the Tanabes back to the original springs turned out fine. Looks like I picked-up an inch of lift, and the ride is 100% smoother. I know that sounds like an old man talking, but with the drop, the ride was incredibly harsh and unforgiving. For the roads around here, it was just too low and harsh for a daily driver.

Mr. Ken was right about the spacers; the rears (20mm) are definitely too big. The fronts (15mm) look perfect to me. I'm going to take some measurements this weekend to determine if I need rear spacers at all. It can't need more than 5mm, and I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

Right now the rears are sticking out like the Tiger Paws on my '70 Super Bee that I drove in high school. If I can hunt down a set of High Jackers and shackles, I'll get the rake on this baby just right!
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim