View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #4555 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Did the M3, Aston, and you angle correctly? Are the streets there THAT bad? I have been through Houston multiple times and don't think I saw anything like that, but have not driven around in it much.
It's not the streets, it's the elevation of some driveways relative to the streets and the resulting angles of approach.

I can almost pullout at a 90° angle to my driveway and still scrape my front end. Even when I back out, I'll brush the diffuser.

The problem with my driveway, and several others in my area is that the street and the driveways create a shallow "V" where they meet; it's not one angled surface meeting a horizontal surface. You go down and then immediately have to go back up.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim