View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #4553 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post

Good Morning All!

Well, I get the Z back this afternoon. Next week I set down with the adjuster and figure out what to do about the front bumper.

I'm just glad to be getting my car back. I really miss it.

Since I tore up the front end, I've been paying more attention to steep driveways lately. They are all over the place here in the West University part of Houston.

I watched a guy with a brand new Aston Martin scrape the crap out of his front end pulling into a parking lot. Then there was a guy in an M3 who tried to pull out of a shop's driveway and literally had to turn around and back out because his front bumper snagged the street. He had to have done the same damage I did.

I'm going to just be uber-careful now to avoid all steep inclines. I'll miss my Tanabes and the look of the car being lower, but hopefully I can keep a front bumper on the car for longer than four months at a time.

I'll post some pics of the new 4x4 Gurney Edition Z this weekend. I'm going to probably need some opinions on spacers with the lift. I've got 15mm front and 20mm rear. As Mr. Ken pointed out, that probably isn't going to work at stock ride height with Nismo rims.
Did the M3, Aston, and you angle correctly? Are the streets there THAT bad? I have been through Houston multiple times and don't think I saw anything like that, but have not driven around in it much.