View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #3511 (permalink)
dAvenue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: angry
dAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan
dAvenue- did you do anything to your oem spoiler to end up with this whistle?? i have no whistle on mine even with the Mine's cf lip.
Yeah, I realized the whistling began after I installed the Koni's. I remember lowering the car onto a stand but struggled with the jack's release bolt (it was pretty tight...like a virgin); so when I finally dominated the bolt, the car fell .25 inch onto the stand. Later, I heard a loose rattling in the hatch when closing it and removed the paneling to find the metallic culprit...hiding...laughing...like bolts do. I was like "WTF are you doing loose?". So I picked it up with my trusty magnetic pick-up tool, but I could not find where it belonged. So like a dummy, I ignored it.

Six weeks later, after driving myself crazy trying to identify the source of the noise, I began troubleshooting with painters tape. I taped off outside areas of the hatch to pinpoint the problematic area. Once I got to the spoiler, and taped it off, the noise was gone. Upon discovering this, I realized that the bolt from six weeks ago must belong to the spoiler. So I checked underneath with a flashlight and found an opening where the bolt used to be. I just bolted it back in last night.

Last edited by dAvenue; 03-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.